Friday, May 02, 2008

Helping people

So I got the opportunity to help someone out there on the internet. they noticed I wrote an article for a software program they use and his install CD was broken by his three-year-old. Support would not send him an install CD so he asked if I would be kind enough to send him a copy.

This of course is not breaking iny licensing agreements - the REAL license is ownign the box WITH the install Key. So I sent hime a copy of the CD and he asked if there was some way he could repay me back. Really I was not prepared for this. I wasn't going to send an invoice or anything for being kind - then I remembered all the things that get stuck in my head that I never have time to do, Here is what I sent him:

Things are crazy busy for me –
Here is an idea of two things I have never had time to do – feel free to choose one:

1) Please go to the focus on the family website and buy the CD pack for the greatest of 2007.
2) Send a copy of the book: Business by the Book – from crown.org
3) Another story is that I just got back in the office this morning after a meeting and saw that our office got another letter from the child we sponsor through food for the hungry. I realized that if I can have this kind of effect on someone for only $28 per month – I should sponsor another one. So it would be great if you could sponsor one yourself. It has been such a great blessing for myself and our office – I would love to pass it on.
So I have no idea who this guy is and no idea what he will think of the suggestions I gave. This definitely gives me something to look forward to!

No comments: