Saturday, March 31, 2007

DVD Players

Being one gifted with technical things I find it hard to admit that soon we will be on our way to a 5th DVD player.

I still do not know how you can break a DVD player, I guess youc an wear them out but I have CD players with much more mileage. Our first DVD player was 5 years ago right after we got married as a Christmas present from some friends. It lasted until about 2 years ago. Not bad, a 1st genreation player lasting for 3 years.

This is where it gets a bit wierd, if you do the math 3 DVD players over 2 years (one every 8 months). What is the deal here? We do not watch that many movies. Its not like they are taking abuse from our kids. They just slowly stop working. It starts with a disc that will not read and spreads like a disease until not one of our discs work. Maybe I should think twice about a player that costs less than $90

Currently we have our portable DVD player set up on top of the entertainement center With cables run to the stereo serving as our spare. I guess instead of a player, I could always invest in a video games system that doubles as a DVD player. That of course would be a great way to sneak in even more entertainment. Until then, I will remain in denial that our DVD player is really broken and just hope that I can calibrate it somehow.

No comments: