Sunday, February 04, 2007

So I just found out the the NFL is threatening to sue organizations that show the big game on displays larger than 55". News articles are specifically pointing out that it has been churches the NFL has focused upon. Read it for yourself at the LA Times

I was considering throwing a super bowl party at my office using our surround sound and 9.5' wide projection screen. I guess I cannot do this either. I find myself wondering why this does not apply to the fancy restaurants and bars that use large screen projectors. Why are these business exempt?

We have all this fancy technology and the community is not allowed to use it. The NFL is trying to hide behind the fact that neilsen ratings do not account for public showings. True, but public showings also include the bars and restaurants again - which the NFL conveniently provides a blind eye.

I must admit, I am frustrated - and confused.

No comments: